Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/11/12

So when I was working on this project I was going through the packing list for camera equipment and I realized I am not familar with telephoto lens at all. So I thought I would do alittle research since I own a telephoto lens and I'm going to yellowstone in 2 weeks. This unnamed author first explains that telephoto lens are mostly for enlarging distant figures, but he makes a point that they can also be used as a powerful artistic tool to affect the look of your subject. Telephoto lenses are special because they have a narrow angle of view, which means that both the relative size and distance is normalized when comparing near and far objects. You can also use the lens to bring items that are far away up closer. This allows you the photographer to stay a safe distance away and still get a great picture without disrupting the subject. The author also reminds that since the angle of view is so narrow you must be more selective as to what will be in your frame. The author also suggests some tips on using a telephoto lens on landscapes. He suggests using a telephoto lens when the desired picture contains layers like the mountains, trees, and fog in this picture.
The auhor's last point is that telephoto lenses don't have depth of field. This can be commonly mistaken becaue its said that telephoto lenses have very shallow depth of field. That was all this author had to say on telephotot lenses.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment